5 Random Facts About Me
1) I’m very paranoid. I can’t sleep with my closet door open because I imagine that someone is hiding in there staring at me. When I turn the lights off to go to bed I have to glance over the room quickly to be sure there aren’t any murderers or vampires hiding out.
2) I don’t like big cities. Tall buildings scare me, I always imagine them falling down or I imagine falling out of the window. Cities tend to have lots of people, and lots of crazy people. Large groups of people freak me out, and crazy people freak me out.
3) I love animals. I job shadowed a vet for about a month, I learned that I could never be a vet. But if I someday become wealthy I hope to open up a no kill animal shelter. I can’t talk about dogs and cats without mentioning what I consider to be a huge problem in the US and many other parts of the world. 70% of cats and 50% of dogs in pounds and shelters are euthanised (I remember this fact from when I wrote my senior paper, but I don’t remember where I got the info). This is so disturbing because it is completely preventable. Please spay and neuter your pets and never purchase from a pet store or breeder. There are plenty or good pets in shelters just waiting to be adopted into a loving family. Sorry for the rant, but this is an issue that I care deeply about.
4) I’m trying to learn piano. This semester I’m taking a beginning piano class, and it is a billion times harder than I thought it would be. I’ve played the clarinet since fourth grade, so I thought that it wouldn’t be too hard to learn since I already know how to read music. I’m having a lot of trouble with it. It doesn’t help that going to the practice rooms on campus is extremely intimidating because we have an amazing music program. Walking down the practice room hall reminds me of a horror movie, the hall is so long it seems to never end and the beautiful but creepy piano and violin noises coming from all angles create a setting that would be perfect for a scene with a bloody maniac chasing a screaming girl.
5) I want to go to Australia. When I was little I watched the 2000 summer Olympics in Sydney on TV and I’ve been obsessed ever since. My favorite animal is the kangaroo and there is no landmark I would rather see more than the Sydney Bridge and Opera House. I hope to go there one day, but until then I’ll just keep dreaming.